A healthy eating plan gives your body the nutrients it needs every day while staying within your daily calorie goal for weight loss. A healthy eating plan also will lower your risk of heart disease and other health conditions.
A healthy eating plan:
· Emphasises vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products
· Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
· Limits saturated and trans fats, sodium, and added sugars
· Controls portion sizes
To lose weight, most people need to reduce the number of calories they get from food and beverages (energy IN) and increase their physical activity (energy OUT).
For a weight loss of 1–1 ½ pounds per week, daily intake should be reduced by 500 to 750 calories. In general:
· Eating plans that contain 1,200–1,500 calories each day will help most women lose weight safely.
· Eating plans that contain 1,500–1,800 calories each day are suitable for men and for women who weigh more or who exercise regularly.
Very low calorie diets of fewer than 800 calories per day should not be used unless you are being monitored by your doctor.
2BX Boxing Nutrition
1. Eggs. Poached, scrambled or in a omelette
2. Greek Yogurt.
4. Oatmeal. Oatmeal Porridge with berries
5. Chia Seeds. …
6. Berries, blue berries, raspberries, strawberries
7. Nuts, walnuts and almonds
8. Whole meal toast
9. Fruit, apples, pears bananas or berries mixed into the Greek yogurt or in porridge or sliced pairs on wholemeal toast.
10. A fruit smoothie, with the following, chia seeds, half an apple or pear, mixed berries (fresh) protein powder with almond milk and Greek yogurt.
Each meal is made up of protein, vegetables or salad with carbohydrates, portion size is the size of your palm. We’ve supplied examples of foods.
Haddock, salmon, mackerel, sea bass, cod
Beans – kidney beans, pinto beans, butter beans, baked beans.
Meats – lean steak, lean beef mince, and lean pork.
Poultry – Turkey, chicken
Eggs (not fried)
Cottage cheese, feta cheese
Whole meal bread
Nuts (almonds or walnuts)
Meals should be eaten as follows as an example.
Breakfast – porridge with berries
Snack – apple
Lunch – salad with feta cheese
Snack – nuts & berries
Dinner – chicken, with brown pasta and mixed vegetables
Snack – protein shake or vegetable & fruit smoothie
Example of drinks
The only drinks we recommend are water and green tea or coffee (adults only) you should be drinking lots of water each day. Avoid eating late.
Avoid all energy drinks and fizzy drinks, and alcohol, sugar. Avoid all fast, and junk food, like chocolate, crisps, cakes, pastries, pies, chips, burgers, Chinese, Indian, McDonald’s takeaways.
If it doesn’t grow on a tree or in the ground or walk then don’t eat it.
A donut for example doesn’t walk or grow!!